Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Matt Flynn - Marketing?

If you're here, it's probably because you know me from the identity management world. And you might be thinking, "Matt Flynn... Marketing?"

Well, over the past few years as I've worked for software companies, I've gotten increasingly more involved with marketing. Think whitepapers, tradeshows, content, etc. In my current role at NetVision, in addition to helping with strategy, I handle most of the marketing effort – everything from product data sheets and whitepapers to web SEO and PPC campaigns (my background in web development and search engine marketing has come in quite handy even if I was a bit rusty at first).

Now, that I'm managing a particular function, I'm on the receiving end as well – engaging with vendors who are marketing to me. So, on any given day, I get to be on both sides of the conversation.

In my day-to-day routine, I often want to write about marketing-related topics, but it doesn't seem appropriate on my identity management blog, so I started this one. I'll talk about writing content, PR, web and email marketing, use of the social web, trade shows, and the like. ...at least, that's the idea.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment