Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Facebook Facelift

My morning routine typically includes Headline News - or "HLN" as they've recently rebranded themselves. Their Morning Express with Robin Meade perfectly compliments my first cup of coffee so it's sort of stuck. I get a little Robin with my caffeine to ease me into the day.

What surprised me this morning was a feature about Facebook's upcoming redesign. Not that it isn't news, don't get me wrong. But that it was shown alongside HLN's regular stream of political pieces, who's who in bail out packages, and sports headlines. I wouldn't call Morning Express cutting edge when it comes to their technology coverage. Facebook's representation in the lineup clearly indicates its impact.

Facebook smartly released a preview of the new layout explaining 'streams' and the ability for enhanced filtering. In the past they've launched changes with little to no notice and dealt with the consequences from a very vocal community of users. Nice to see them evolving their approach towards their consumers.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment